Creation & Evolution
In Time and Space
Brief History of Evolution, The Big Bang & It’s Laws, Geology
BRIEF HISTORY OF EVOLUTION:
a theory that the various types of animals and plants have their origin in
other preexisting types and that the distinguishable differences are due
to modifications in successive generations; also: the process described
by this theory. [Merriam-webster.com]
a process in which the whole universe is a progression of interrelated
The divine act by which, according to various religious and
traditions, the world was brought into existence. [thefreedictionary.com]
-In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. [Genesis 1:1]
-The idea of evolution can be seen in philosophy and even pre-dates Socrates who lived 469-399 BC. Between then and the 1,800’s not a whole lot took place in the area of evolutionary thinking.
-Jean-Baptist Lamarck (1744-1829)
He laid the foundation of modern evolutionary theory, with his concept of "inheritance of acquired characteristics," which was later given the name Lamarckism.
-Robert Chambers (1802-1883) was a spiritualist who regularly communicated with spirits. As a result of his contacts, he wrote the first popular evolution book in all of Britain. Called Vestiges of Creation (1844),
Charles Lyell (1797-1875) developed the basis for the modern theory of sedimentary strata,—even though 20th-century discoveries in radiodating, radiocarbon dating, missing strata, and overthrusts (older strata on top of more recent strata) have nullified the theory.
-Charles Darwin (1809-1882) published his book, Origin of Species in November 1859. From which much of modern evolution is based on.
THE BIG BANG AND IT’S LAWS:
-The Big Bang – The explosion of dense matter that, according to current cosmological theories, marked the origin of the universe. [Google definition]
-The Big Bang theory says that everything that is here in the universe today was concentrated into an infinitesimal spec that exploded and created everything.
The theory states that:
1 – At 10-43 seconds the cosmos went through a superfast “inflation,” expanding from the size of an atom to that of a grapefruit in a tiny fraction of a second.
2 – At 10-32 seconds and 10-27 degrees centigrade post inflation, the universe is a seething hot soup of electrons, quarks and other particles
3 – At 10-6 seconds and 10-13 degrees centigrade a rapidly cooling cosmos permits quarks to clump into protons and neutrons
4 – At 3 minutes and 10-8 degrees centigrade it is still too hot to form into atoms, charged electrons and protons prevent light from shinning: the universe is a superhot fog.
5 – At 300,000 years and 10,000 degrees centigrade electrons combine with protons and neutrons to form atoms, mostly hydrogen and helium. Light can finally shine.
6 – At 1 billion years and minus 200 degrees centigrade gravity makes hydrogen and helium gas coalesce to form the giant clouds that will become galaxies; smaller clumps of gas collapse to form the first stars.
7 – At 15 billion years and minus 270 degrees centigrade as galaxies cluster together under gravity, the first stars die and spew heavy elements into space; these will eventually form into new stars and planets.
-The basis of big bang theory is Red Shift AKA Doppler Theory of Red Shift. This would occur if the star moving were away from us, and that there is no other cause for the recorded redshifts.
-Red Shift – Waves are stretched, objects are moving away
-Blue Shift – Light moving toward us
-Einstein predicted that light could bend. As light travels toward us from distant stars, it passes the other stars, which slows the beam, causing the spectrum to shift toward the red. We should see stars and planets moving from where the Big Bang started not from our planet which is what we actually see.
-If you look up into space you will see huge concentrations of stars. This becomes a problem. If this all started from a Big Bang you should see mater uniformly distributed. This is called the cosmological principle. We see clusters and groups of stars in various places.
-Instead of uniform you see super galaxies clustered together spiraling around each other.
-“...the observable universe could have evolved from an infinitesimal region. It’s then tempting to go one step further and speculate that the entire universe evolved from literally nothing.” [Alan Guth & G.P. Steinhart Scientific American, May 1984, P 12]
-The Law of Conservation of Angular Momentum:
- Everything in the universe is spinning – planets, stars, galaxies, etc. It would take an enormous amount of energy to start a planet spinning (inertia). Advocates of the Big Bang Theory propose that the singularity that blew up in the big bang was spinning before it exploded, thus everything within it was spinning as it flung out. However, some galaxies, planets (Venus, Uranus, and Pluto) and many moons are spinning backwards (Retrograde Motion). Some moons even have a retrograde orbit around their planet. Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune have moons orbiting in both directions.
Job 38:31 – Can you bind the clusters of the Pleiades, or loose the belt of Orion?
- Pleiades Galaxy - AKA 7 sisters is what is called a bound cluster. Gravity within the system is equal to the force that wants to separate them.
- Orion Nebula - The systems in the belt of Orion are flying out at breath taking speed
-The big bang theory says the universe came from a little spec and eventually turned to atoms. Even though matter VS anti-matter should have destroyed them. This all came primarily from helium.
- Our bodies contain every element from the periodic table…where did they come from?
Gas cloud to stars, stars explode, then create everything you need. How do the gases come together to from this cloud? These forces do not naturally do this. These molecules supposedly come all together and from everything on this planet. We all come from dust…a rock.
- Geologists divided time into time zones beginning with macro-organisms. Paelozoic, Mesozoic, Cenozoic. Paleontology says we can see this record in the rocks. Geology concerns itself with how the matter forms on this earth and its age.
We do, in fact, have this paleontological record, but yes and no to the geological record. Nowhere in the world do we have a complete picture, it is fragmented.
RADIOMETRIC DATING is based on decay of natural occurring radio isotopes in rocks and minerals. An unstable parent isotope decays into a stable daughter isotope. This decay process is used to process when the mineral or rock in question was formed – HOWEVER SOME ASSUMPTIONS MUST BE MADE.
1 - need to know how much daughter isotope it contained in the beginning
2 - how fast the parent isotope had been decaying in the past
3 - weather amounts of parent or daughter had been altered by any other process than decay
-The geologic scale is not complete anywhere on earth. Each layer here represents a time period on earth. The assumption is that each time period is in-active like today, you have rain cycles and each time period is a different layer. OR we could say each layer is a layer of material not time. In each layer you have different animals.
- The flood during Noah’s last much longer than what many of us realize. It rained 40 days and 40 nights, however the water peaked at 5 months. Noah was in the ark 1 yr 17 days. What you see in the geological column is a lot of mud, mud happens in water.
- You can see various layers in the Grand Canyon. Science teaches each layer was once the surface of the earth. Notice each layer is perfectly flat. At the bottom of the Grand Canyon you will see signs that tell about unconformity.
- Unconformity is layer of rock missing in the geological column. Either the mud is missing or the time is missing. There must have been rapid erosion that wiped out the missing layer. According to science, erosion is the only things that could take it away.
- There are time periods missing in Grand Canyon. Let’s take the present erosion rate on the planet and we measure how much soil is being washed into the oceans every day. The highest rate in USA is 6 cm/thousand years, the highest in the world is the Himalayas, 2 meters/ thousand years. Using the lowest rate it would take 10.2 million years to wash away the entire continent into the ocean. 100million years is enough time to wash away entire continent 9 times over, which is how much time science says is missing in the Grand Canyon.
- Science teaches the missing layers were washed away with erosion.
Is it mud or time? The Bible says there was a worldwide flood which would produce a lot of mud. There are marine sediments here on earth. There is not enough in the ocean to account for this time lost, it is all here on land.
Turbidite - Underwater mud flow
- In 1929 there was an earthquake in North America and a piece of the continental shelf broke loose. It roared under the ocean breaking cables as it went, so they knew exactly how fast this mud was going. After 3hrs and 3 min. it was 300 miles out to sea. This mud was traveling underwater at 100mph. Imagine if you are a fish or creepy crawly what would happen to you. You would be fossilized instantly.
- The grand canyon layers are graded coarse to fine from the bottom to the top. That means the whole thing happened in a very short period of time.
- In Zion national park you can see a desert dune. Scientists claimed it had always been desert, but after a long period of analysis, they determined that it was formed underwater. The angle of deposition and the grain size proves that these deposits are also underwater deposits and not desert dune systems as previously assumed. In order to have a normal topography, scientists have to assume arid eras in the geological column but modern science contradicts these theories.
-Flame – Two rock materials mixed together
-This can only happen when both rock layers are still pliable. If the bottom layer were millions of years older than the top this cannot happen. In geology we see bottom layers whipped up into top layers and we also see top layers depressing into bottom layers.
- Erosion in canyons etc… - We see V-shaped erosion indicating rapid washout and U-shaped erosion indicating slow erosion. We can see V-shaped erosion in areas like the Colorado River even around bends in the river.
-Water whirl - Water sucked this feature out while the rock was still pliable. This would not happen to hardened rock. Some of these are high up in the mountains how does water get up there? Science says a rock got caught then went round and round grinding a circle. Could this be evidence of a recent flood?
- A miniature formation caused by soil erosion from rainstorms can be seen in South Africa. It looks much like Monument Valley in the USA on a small scale. This happened in one rain storm. The rain water came and washed away all material but left some mounds. How does this happen?
The rain comes and carves the landscape but before it can take everything away the rain stops the flood ceases.
-Mount St. Helens erupted May 18, 1980, at 8:32 am PDT.
- Rapid canyon formations have been witnessed in recent times, such as the canyon resulting from the eruption of Mt. St. Helens. When volcanic debris fell into the lakes, it caused tsunamis which washed out this canyon in seconds. Layering also took place also during the eruption. This type of strata would be interpreted as having been over millions of years when in fact it happened catastrophically. The Grand Canyon deposits must have formed under similar conditions. They are just larger because the flood was greater.
- Rapid mud deposit causes fossilization as seen in modern material like bells, hammers, and hardhats have been found totally encased in rock.
-Romans 1:20 – For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse…
Basically if you look outside you may find that maybe, just maybe, the Bible is right after all.
Science will acknowledge localized floods but not a universal flood, why? If there was a universal flood, in the not so distant past, that destroyed all life on the planet, then it was over, and you wanted to stay naturalistic, you would have to start it all over again…it is impossible for science to acknowledge a universal flood.